- CLO 1- Understand the main ideas in extended formal speech, including complex lines of argument, when the topic is reasonably familiar. Be able also to identify non-verbal features such as emotions from linguistic clues such as intonation and from body language.
- CLO 2- Extract information from a clearly structured mini-lecture, and record sufficient details.
- CLO 3- Take an active part in face-to-face semi-formal discussions and problem-solving activities, being able to present his or her views clearly in mainly accurate English with few hesitations, and to handle turn-taking conventions smoothly. Generally, the required level is about CEFR B2+.
- CLO 4- Give a clear, systematically developed presentation, highlighting significant points and supporting details. Handle questions from an audience in a professional manner.
- CLO 5- Using language with a high level of clarity and fluency, make effective short public speeches from a pre-prepared script to meet a range of communicative purposes.
- CLO 6- Take part in an interview as either interviewer or interviewee, following up ideas and spontaneous questions as well as more structured ones.
- Coursework A: TED Talk and Group Discussion (15%) and Debate (15%)
- Coursework B: Interview (20%) and Oral Presentation (20%)
- Final assessment: Final Written Exam (Listening Test) (30%)
1. Score: 50+50=100
Note taking (50)
2. Score: 100
Show & tell (demonstrations)
3. Score: 100
4 Score: 100 (Final exam, BBLearn)